UK Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

lucyyblends // banana & oat smoothie

Following on from last weeks green tea & blueberry slush, I wanted to share the smoothie I've been making the most. I've surprised myself with how much I've enjoyed drinking this breakfast smoothie as I've never been a fan of bananas due to their nauseating texture - who's with me? This recipe is especially perfect if you're someone who has porridge every morning but finding it harder to enjoy as the warmer weather sticks around. 

Again, this recipe has been taken from my recent app find Whole Living Smoothies. All you'll need; one banana, half a cup of plain fat free yogurt, half a cup of skimmed milk, a quarter cup of oats, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 cup of ice. Chuck it all into the blender and blitz until smooth. If you're to follow the recipe exactly it calls for a humongous tablespoon of honey which personally I think is WAY too much. It also calls for 2 teaspoons of flaxseed which are full of omega-3s, fibre and phytoestrogens. I don't have any in the cupboard and need to place an order. It doesn't effect the taste with or without and is still incredibly good for us. 

At only 212 calories per serving it's a great breakfast choice, low in fat and by including oats keeps me going until lunch. I'd imagined the smoothie to be too thick to pass through a straw due to the thickening of oats but it's not the case at all. I've also made this smoothie with a mango in place of the banana. As delicious as it was it's just too sweet and high in sugars to have as often as I do the banana and oat. Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

I love receiving and reading comments. I always try my best to reply as quickly as I can. If you have any urgent questions feel free to email or tweet - details found to the side or top of my blog. Lucy x

© Lucyy Writes

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig