UK Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

What I've Been Buying // Feb 2016

an image of newlook sale haul 2016
an image of newlook sale haul 2016
an image of newlook sale haul 2016
an image of l'oreal extraordinary clay range
an image of garnier ultimate blends delicate smoother review
It's always an expensive couple of hours when either of my furry friends go to the groomers. With it being pointless to drive home and drive back again, I always pop into the local shops where I end up making one too many purchases in Boots or Newlook. This week however was a different story, I may have purchased one too many shoes BUT it didn't cost me a penny thanks to left over gift cards & Boots Advantage Card points.

With a Newlook card having sat in my purse for months, I finally managed to find a few items. Pre-Christmas I'd spotted a pair of light brown ankle boots, with my size never being stocked in-store. I was over the moon to finally find a UK3 in the sale section, which then turned out to be further reduced again. For £12 I have boots that I can easily wear throughout all the seasons, whether it be with skinny jeans or a cute dress. Having been debating a pair similar on Ted & Muffy, I'm much happier with the shading of these and of course the price. The boots are still in-stock online, in multiple shades. Another of my sale finds were these brightly jewelled sandals, which are actually from the 915 range, however were sat in the regular line when I came across them. I always hit Newlook for my summer sandals, they're always made well & so affordable. I just know these will be getting more than their fair share of wear this year & only cost £5. I'm sure there will be something similar in this years collection.

I've also been wanting a pair of White Converse having worn my Grey pair so much over the summer & always being the choice of shoe when I was learning to drive. Online I'd been eyeing up the white Dainty Converse OR white Crochet Converse, which obviously retail for a lot more than the Newlook option I picked up this week. I can't get over JUST how alike they are. The soles are the exact same - bar a different colour but apart from the logo at the back, everything is the same, even the soles 'grooves'. It's kind of ridiculous I'd of happily ordered the branded version. A UK3 fits perfectly, with the option of black also online though I definitely prefer the white. The Newlook Crochet Laceless Plimsolls retail for just £10.99, with sizes 1-7 available. Obviously I had to pick up another pack of 'Ballerina Socks' - basically socks that don't show and while I was in that section I couldn't help but pick up a few knickers in spring patterns/shades. My last shoe find, I finally gave in to the whole hype of Lace Up Pumps. I ended up looking in the teen range for a pair with the usual range only having larger sizes and being a little too pointy for my liking - not to mention wide on my narrow feet. 

Moving onto Boots I didn't really have any products in mind, anyone else totally forget and end up browsing the entire store? This time around I was sucked in by haircare, with multiple shampoo & conditioners purchased, along with heat spray and a hair mask. Whilst purchasing two different ranges may be excessive I easily get fed up of the same hair products, not to mention being highly sensitive. With everyone raving about the latest L'oreal products - Extraordinary Clay, I decided to make use of the 3 for £10 offer, grabbing the 'anti-dandruff' shampoo, re-balancing conditioner & clay masque - which is a pre-shampoo treatment. Also on offer were Garnier products, with the Delicate Oat, rice cream & oat milk line heading into my basket. I grabbed the shampoo, conditioner and heat protection milk - all of which were £1.94-£2.99. They smell SO good, I'm definitely heading back to grab the scent in the body moisturiser & body balm. What have you been purchasing recently? Lucy xxx

5 comments

  1. I'd love to know how you get on with the hair products, I've been wanting to try both these out!

    Katie | Katies World of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the shoes! xo

    www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boots were a bargain!! They're so stylish too. Ohhhh the clay masque sounds interesting, I expect you will have a post on that at some stage ;) www.jesskadenise.com x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving and reading comments. I always try my best to reply as quickly as I can. If you have any urgent questions feel free to email or tweet - details found to the side or top of my blog. Lucy x

© Lucyy Writes

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig