UK Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

My experience // with the implant and cerazette & many others.

After an hour tweeting some of my favourite bloggers I decided I would finally blog about my experience. It's not talked about enough in daily life and online it's full of misleading, misinformed horror stories. I honestly think how strange it is that girls don't talk about this stuff, both in my social circles and yours. Why do we feel too prude to talk about our female struggles? We need to talk to make our cycles better and easier. As much as I'm writing this post, don't look for horror stories, talk to your DR and read honest accounts. There are so many forums out there but from what I read nobody follows with why they had this issue, is it the wrong hormone? Were they ill? Take medication that affected it? Forgot to take the tablet? Please see your DR. Update post -  over a year on.
I started my little adventure while I was very young, when I didn't need it for contraception. At 12 years old I had my first period, before not having another for 6 months. When my real cycle started I was screwed. I'd scream, I'd cry, I'd be sick. I couldn't move out of bed and worst I was so heavy, it was ridiculous. Thank you both sides of the family for the genes. My first experience with the Dr's for the sensitive topic was pain relief. I've had most on offer, with some knocking me out for hours, insane dreams and not knowing where I was.
I ended up staying on Mefenamic Acid 500g, with 250g in my younger years. If you struggle EXTREMELY bad with the pain, then this is worth a try.

I had just turned 13 with a holiday coming up very soon, it was my Mum's idea to go to the DR's. There was no way I'd be able to cope on holiday with a period. At that age I would have needed someone to look after me all day and ruin the holiday let alone confident to wear shorts and skirts. We asked for the pill that would allow me to skip my period. The Dr wasn't very nice at the time, at one point labelling my Mum as a bad mother, really? It was as if a 13 year old was going off to Magaluf for a week on her own and wanted extra protection. Eventually she gave in and I had my pill, I did cope on holiday because it worked. However when home it was a different story. I threw up so much, I had an upset stomach and bled even worse. I really thought I was going to die. In my last year at school a few mentioned they'd got it for their holiday...oh how I wished I'd of warned them. They had the same reactions as me after.
That summer ended and I still couldn't cope, back to the Dr's. I'd turn ghostly white at school and go off my food. Before school I'd be urging over the sink only way out the back door. I was allowed to skip P.E, though in the last few years of school you'd never see me doing P.E. You're sick and tired of having to rush around getting changed and doing the same activities over and over. Most P.E lessons would see me carried up and down the sports haul and locked in squash courts. School years huh? A few years of switching pills, wrong hormones and the awful leave off for a week. Let me know if you take this pill? I wouldn't feel safe at all on it for contraception. I missed a lot of school and put up with a lot of grief off my so called friends. Anyone else feel like they were 5 years ahead of their friends in maturity? While off school I studied, had work sent home or left in reception, coursework collected and which was always complete to the highest grade. I'd go back being more ahead of those who had been at school.

I then met Cerazette. The miracle to my life. I felt okay. I wasn't so heavy. I didn't feel bloated. I wasn't urging in the kitchen sink when it got to walking out the door. Pains were slightly easier to cope with. I struggled on the first day, but I wasn't off for 3 days straight. In exam time I had a few bad ones. I'd go into school for the exam before getting signed out. When I returned to school the HOS Jane was amazing, always checking on me and so understanding. She knew when I needed to go home before I did. I stayed on this pill till November 30th 2011. The last 9 months had ruined my life. Three periods each month were too much along with worser pains. I just about coped on holiday thankfully. Though setting off on holiday, pains came just as we took off. Before getting to your hotel at 3am, waking at 5am to see mother nature isn't ideal. There was only one choice, the implant.

I had suffered for 3-6 months because of the receptionist < note that come booking my second they fitted me in, in 5 minutes on the day and time I wanted. The Dr was not happy. She was fuming. I was told only three could be fitted a week on a Monday. The DR showed me her schedule to prove I could be fitted in whenever I want. Which makes me wonder why they have so many empty slots yet when you are ill you can't get in. Anyway I booked with my DR. I would have had one straight away. I can't praise this little stick enough. Instant results. Make sure you really stand your ground.
The DR herself couldn't believe what Cerazette had done, but I know a few that had similar. I'm sure they changed ingredients because I was always tried to switch to something else, the cheaper option and oh wait more lies from nurses. I only trust the DR, if she ever moves I'm screwed. On November 30th I went to the DR's, I was out in 10 minutes. You go in, you check info, you pick an arm. You lie on the bed. She injects one anesthetic dose. Your arm is now numb. You can't feel anything. Implant going in time. YOU DO NOT FEEL ANYTHING AT ALL. The smallest cut you can even imagine. The implant 'rod' is injected in and medical tape is on because it's so small. You have a bandage over and off you go with a card to say you have the implant if you're in an accident. It was under 10 minutes. You don't see any of it, because you're lying down on the bed and you can easily look away, but you don't feel anything. Why was I so scared?

My arm ached for two days, though nothing deathly. It doesn't feel as if it could fall off as much as others will tell you. I went shopping hours later and headed for a chinese at an old friends. You have a bruise on your arm for a few weeks - it all depends on your DR, mine has inserted an incredible amount. The 'scar' is nothing more than a scratch and doesn't stick around. It's tiny. Too tiny to notice unless you're looking closely. I have no patience to girls who say the following: I can't deal with the feeling under my skin, I wouldn't get one. - Girl what are you feeling!? Unless you touch it once in a while to check it's there, there's no feeling or movement...to well feel. Rejections are far and few, my DR and yours will happily tell you. Mines never had a rejection in all of those she's fitted.

My friend changed hers at 2 and a half years to be safe and not worry. The removal is nothing, you feel nothing like before. Have a happy three years, I know I will at this rate. I don't think I'll ever be 100% period free because of how heavy I used to be, family history and pain.


I hope my post has helped some of you, let me know. Please listen to your Dr rather than the silly forums. If I can go through with it, anyone can. 
My post about Lil Lets latest range.

May 2012 update - My implant is still in and staying. I get bloated days, as I always do. I'm thinking it's down to diet, going gluten free helped.My monthly time is heaven. I'm honestly barely on. Brilliant, I had one month worse than the others, but nothing like I was before. Pains can occasionally hurt but I'm not screaming and with A LOT to distract me I'm fine.

June/July 2012 - I was later this month, hence over lapping. Pain for two days that I could easily cope with taking weaker pain killers, no hot water bottles. I feel fat as a house, I do normally though. I wasn't the lightest as I was at the start, however incredibly better than before. I'm really happy. Of course it would be better if w didn't have to suffer and men did. ;)

August 2014 Update - I still have my implant and will be getting it replaced on September 22nd, a couple months early due to needing it to manage my periods & pain. I will have an entire post on the removal and replacement procedure soon after and linked here. It's fantastic to see this blog post helping so many on their decisions. PPS & TMI but you can count on mother nature arriving on a tuesday at 11am. Again, always feel free to email me. x

February 2016 Update - I'm still using the implant, my removal and replacement were fine, I've written the blog post about it if you've followed along. At the moment I'm torn between getting it replaced with another implant or trying something new. I feel as if my body gets used to methods after a while and don't work the same. Last year was very stressful, none of us expected to lose my Grandma in the space of a few months. DR neglect, months in hospital, life saving surgery, cancer diagnosis and then moving her home for her last days.

What I'm trying to say is it was very stressful and some months I'd have two horrid, horrid periods. December, January and now February they've calmed to just one a month though they last a week and are heavier than the original implant. I'm still better than I was without any sort of method, I don't feel sick and my moods aren't as bad as they were - again stress makes us all cranky right? When I get a replacement OR try something new you can bet on a follow up post. FOR NOW please check out Mia's blog post about her Implant Experience here, over at CSI Beauty Blog.

March - fast forward and after a battle with the receptionist I managed to get a telephone consultation where I have been prescribed Cerelle (similar to Cerazette) for 3 months to 'top up my implant'. My DR assured me this was the case though to come back at any time to see her for help, replacement or alternative method.

April - I've taken one and a half cards of Cerelle, with my first period being 20ish days late and much more manageable - fingers crossed. It's MUCH lighter with a dull ache and feeling just a little sick.
Normal beauty posts will return. Any questions feel free to comment below, tweet me or email me. Contact info is on the side of my blog.

55 comments

  1. Oooh good post, I need to have mine out soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou lovely :) Let me know how it is, if it's just as easy as my friend says etc :)
      x

      Delete
  2. I had awful periods when I was younger - like you, I had heavy, painful periods, and there were months that I actually had to take the week f school!
    I was put on microgynon30 when I was 16to see if they would settle, instead they were all over the place. I had three in one month then they disappeared in Novembrr 2008. I was worried, went to the nurse as I was sexually active, and she said to carry on taking it and use a condom if I was still anxious about it. This worked out fine - no periods, woohoo! Then in November 2009, a year later, I found out I was 5 months pregnant. both forms of.contraception had failed me! And of course as id had no monthly visit I was none the wiser, which was crazy. Brandon was born in March 2010 and later that year I went for implanon, which has been fantastic. I still go on once a month, like.clockwork, nothing crazy or painful, and no disappearing periods!


    I totally agree, everyone should talk about it more, it helps especially if you feel like you're abnormal and are too embarrassed to talk to anyone irl, you may find someone else has had a similar.experience.:) fab post hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both methods failed? Oh gosh, at least you have a lovely son :) Implant is great!
      x

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing your experiences, glad to hear you've managed to find a solution! I think I am going to look into getting the implant.

    Hev x
    farewell-tothefairground.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad there are people who have had similar :D As long as it helps people :D Implant is worth it :)
      x

      Delete
  4. Wow sounds like you went through a lot of pain! I'm lucky that I usually don't feel much (if any) pain when I have mine.. maybe 3-4 times a year i'll get bad pain but its still bearable. Good post Lucy! :)

    Zara
    x
    http://lifesprettyvisions.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Post Huni :)
    I was thinking of having Implant or Injection instead of the pill I take.
    Http://ohhsoglam.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd go with the implant, injections are every 3 months arent they? And actually injected into your bum!? :P I passed at injections ;)
      x

      Delete
    2. You get to choose bum or arm, I actually choose bum as its bigger. It didn't hurt. My nurse recommend I have two doses of injection 10 weeks apart instead of 12 as it gets your body used to the hormone ready for the implant. But my friend at another docs has gone straight to the implant. Guess it depends on the doctor. Injection has been good xx

      Delete
    3. They only told me it was your bum :P I picked the implant for less trips, my surgery was always cancelling my appointments for my pill check and sending out another 6 months to me :/ Couldn't take the risk!
      xx

      Delete
  6. That's such a great post. Your school years sound just like mine, 3 days off every month I was sick and fainted quite often too so I know exactly how you felt. I take cilest pill now and although my periods can sometimes be heavy there is hardly any pains which for me is a miracle. I was lucky the first pill I tried suited me completely although it does effect my moods alot I'd prefer that to 3 days a month in bed. I've never even thought of the implant, to be honest it's never been offered. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) It's nice to know I'm not the only one :)
      xx

      Delete
  7. Bloody hell! This post has made me realise how lucky I am with mine! :( I cant cope with a little measly stomach ache, let alone what you had! So glad you have finally found something that works *touches wood!* xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh soph you lucky thing :P haha, any pains horrid though :P Hopefully though we all know I'm jinxed a bit ;)
      x

      Delete
  8. This is a great post, thanks so much for taking the time to write it all down and share it. I completely agree that us females don't talk about this very often, yet a lot of us go through it! I had a similar experience when I started my periods, but thankfully not as awful as what you've had to go through. I think the key is to talk about and to also find a GP who understands. I've had some terrible experiences with GPs in the past, not taking seriously period pains, so I requested a different GP until I found someone who would listen. Periods are still a bitch but nowhere near as bad as they were. Glad you've managed to sort yours out! xx

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, it was nice to write about it, not many are open enough here to talk or listen :)
      It's so nice so many people agree or have something similar to me :)
      Yeah, so many Dr's are damn right awful.
      xx

      Delete
  9. I've never suffered with crippling periods like the sounds of yours, but mine were always a bit heavier than the average womans (from what I can gather anyway!) I never really thought about going on anything to try and calm them down but when I met my boyfriend I went on the pill for obvious reasons! Worst decision ever! I could only take a certain one (bc of other health concerns) and, frankly, I'm crap at remembering to take pills at the same time everyday! This made my moods severely all over the place but it also made me have a really heavy/painful period every other week. I went back to the nurse within a month and a half and explained the problems. She was so lovely and so helpful, went through every kind of contraceptive with me and helped me choose the right option for me. I went with the Depo Jab in the end. It does have some possible side effects but as you pointed out, don't read only the horror stories on the web! Everything has side effects and although you should keep an eye out for these things happening to you, just in case, it is usually a 1 in 10000 thing. I was tempted by the implant but I know I wouldn't be able to resist trying to feel it in my arm all the time! I'm glad that you found something that works for you though, I'm still surprised that so many women are on the pill still when there are better/easier options out there now (in my opinion anyway - 1 jab every month/one tiny scratch for 3 year protection vs 1 pill every day? It's a no brainer for me personally!) Plus on the jab I've barely had a real period in a year! Amazing!(plus it saves money too!...more nail polish/make-up for me! haha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always worth trying something to make them less heavy, so many people chicken with the crappy horror stories, it's so silly :D I kept touching mine to check, but after awhile you just trust it :) Well i have :) Same!! I'm like why are girls on the pill this is amazinggg, even girls with diff pill types went onto this and it's great, the jab put me off since the one they offer is injected to your bum? Are they all like it?

      Delete
  10. Oh my, Cerazette was a nightmare from the moment I was on it. I became a moody, irritable b**ch with no filter on what I was saying to people at all. If you annoyed me, you knew about it! Plus the pains were crippling! Luckily I came off it and transferred to the Depo injection which has made things a lot easier!

    Thanks for this post, it's nice to see a blogger being so honest about an issue that affects a lot of us girls :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh another Cerazette hater :D It went down hill, they so changed something, I too went so moody!! I get a little moody now but I think it's stress, it's not as bad as the pill before. You get symtoms with this, or barely a period, its amazing or none now! :D Injection put me off since they said it was injected into your bum? Or are others different?

      I think more should be open :D
      x

      Delete
  11. What a great read, and especially interesting because although i'm 25 i've never used any form of oral contraception so it was really informative hearing a real life story. I have heard of the implant going walk abouts in the arm though - but i'm not sure how true that is!? I'm glad you approach the topics that affect us all that no one talks about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachael :D They do move ever so slightly and by slightly I mean not even a cm up and down :) It's just the fluids around the muscle it's injected into, it doesnt whizz around the body ;)

      x

      Delete
  12. This was great for me to read, reminded me of my own jorney towards eventually having my implant. i was diagnosed with endometriosis as well at the age of 16 which made my pain 1000 times worse, so even though on the implant i still take my mefanemic acid (even though i havent had a period since i have had my implant) if i get any pain and it works great, im so glad i seem to have finally found a solution just like you have, i think its one of the nest feelings in the world. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it was of help :D So worried I'd write it and nobody would find it useful! Aw gosh, I know a girl similar, mefanemic makes me a little sleepy but helps :) I had a stronger tablet that made my dream so insane and out cold, scary! I'm glad you've also found a solution :) The same as mine really :)
      xx

      Delete
  13. Heyy hun i do agree that it needs to be spoken about more. I have been in a similar situation, i was ill constantly and always had low iron. very pale, the pain was unbearable and i would be sick and collapse almost every time i was on. at one point i was on for 6 months with no break :(. I have fainted in work, in a dog groomers, in school, in the docs and hospital and at home and whilst having foils put in my hair in a hair dressers all due to the time of the month. I was off a lot during school and have missed out on a lot of things thanks to my belly being how it is and so unpredictable. The amount of times i have been in hospital and on drips i cannot count. I am considering the implant at the moment but am still very unsure. I last year got diagnosed with Endometriosis and thats why i have been so ill in the past and why tranexamic acid, mefenamic acid and all the different pills havent helped me. Last year i went for a laperoscopy to have the endo removed but we are now 99.9% sure it has returned as i am in agony again :/...i am considering the implant but as well as Endo i also have a 'tilted womb' and both make it harder to have children. Not impossible, but harder. And i have heard that the implant can make it a bit harder to as it stays in your system for so long after being removed etc, and im not sure if its worth the risk as there is already a chance i cannot have children which is hard to hear when your 19 at the time..im now nearly 21 and still havent decided which route to go down. I think this should be talked about more openly however, then other girls can learn about it. Brilliant post hun and glad its working for you. I know only too well how hard it is to put up with. In my experience though i have found the male doctors to be more caring which is weird. My doc is a male and hes lovely, i never go to the females. *Apart from the time i had to have a male when i went to see the gyno as my female gyno was ill....He looked like ZAC EFFRON!!! Mortified does not describe it* Woe me! haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god, thats awful lovely, you've been through a lot. I hope you find a way to get sorted, I don't think it'll ever be completely 100% be sorted, Ill still get a few side effects. But i guess I could say theyre normal now :).
      Oh god the Dr sounds mortifying :P
      Thankyou for such a lovely comment <3
      xx

      Delete
  14. Hey, so good to read about your experience. I think the response you've received shows how posts like this are really welcome, I hope it encourages more people to share their stories if they feel confident enough. I always had really heavy periods, not half as bad as yours seemed though. I too was given the implant and had no period for about 6 months. Felt like all my Christmases had come at once :) But then I started having periods that would last up to 6 weeks so had to have it taken out. I know so many people who've had nightmares with the implant and equally lots of my friends swear by it. I guess everybody's different and you've just got to be persistent. So glad you've found something that's working for you. And I definitely agree that having the implant inserted is not as painful as some people make out, I'd advise people to give it a go (: xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's down to the hormone or even lifestyles if it doesn't work for them for so long, heck there might even be different implants now than other days, I think the one I had is newer than some, so maybe your friends have had the first? I'm glad its had such a great response from everyone :D

      xx

      Delete
  15. Oh my goodness, that sounds horrible! I can't imagine the pain you must have had! Glad you have found a solution now though! xx

    sophie @ thesecretavenue.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am glad you are writing about this kind of stuff women don't talk to each other, it is frowned upon. I am going through some problems of my own & the stuff on the internet scares the c**p out of you. Doctors don't have the time to discuss these things with you so I think it is nice to learn from each other :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad everyones found this interesting :)
      It's so silly we don't talk about it enough, it's all about getting your words across I think, NHS are cheap -.- Forceful talking of what you want.
      x

      Delete
  17. Such a great post for you to do honey, you're right it is a taboo subject and stupidly us girls sometimes suffer in silence. I'm so sorry you had a such an awful experience, I know what its like to be ill and friends to be all arsey about it. Its great you've found something that works for you. Thanks for the post XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely <3 It really is, I think it needs to be talked about more, it's mad. :)
      x

      Delete
  18. At first i had the contraceptive injection, but my memory was terrible so i decided to have the implant. I first had the implant put in 6 years ago, and it was amazing, i felt great and it stopped my periods all together which was fab. I went to have it changed 3 years later and it all went downhill from there, i was bleeding sometimes 3 times a month and my long term partner noticed a big change in me, i had a real attitude problem, in fact it disrupted my life that much i had it took out about a year after having it put in, and everything in my life has gone back to normal. I believe that everyone is different and different contraceptives suit different people. Great post, we need to talk about these things more xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's all about what hormones suit you, but I think some surgerys do get a different implant? My friend had one put in at uni, had her second at home and she's fine with it, but she was one that bleed every day for a few months a little with the second, she's settled again on it now. :)
      x

      Delete
  19. I'm on the pill because I suffer from awful period pains every month. thankfully it's helped but people always jump to conclusions when they find out, and think I use it for contraception when I don't!
    Great post, so open and honest! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you feel lovely :( Don't worry I got called a slag when people found out I was on the Pill, the school nurses also shouted out what I was for the cancer jabs when I was still at school, my 12 year old cousin and all her friends were there :/ I was like thats all I need for that side of the family to know and jump to conclusions -.- Obvs at 12-13 I didn't use it for contraception, but obvs now I'm older it's the added bonus of being extra secure!
      x

      Delete
  20. This is a great post, I was going to share my story too but felt too nervous to. I was using the mildest and safest pill Yasmin for ages, but I started to go to my boyfriends every summer and he lives abroad so I wanted a more permanent solution. I had Implanon and although it didn't work to stop my periods (which happens 25% of women), I still have one a month, but they're light, short and relatively painless. I'll be on my 3 year limit at Christmas and need to have it out. I don't think I'll have another one but it's definitely not been a bad experience xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the exact same implant as mine, I think there was a different one before or are still :) I've heard a lot of Yasmin, but it's never been offered to me, but I think I need a stronger one, I've actually started this weekend, I missed last month, but I'm glad I'm smack on the dot as I used to be and very very light :) And the pains are so mild, I feel less than normal now :D It's great :D

      Delete
  21. Hello! I was the girl who was reading your blog whilst sat in the waiting room for mine to be put in ha.

    I've written a post on it too, not a full one but added onto the end as you've already written such a good post on it, I didn't see the point in doing it again. I've linked back to yours to show my appreciation :)

    http://cosmeticsshoppingandintoxication.blogspot.com/2012/02/notd_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post!
    I'm on yasmin now, I went on it originally for my skin. The only problem is it has lactose in it, & I'm allergic to dairy. I've been wanting to try other forms, but have been too scared. I can't have the injection because it weakens the bones, and as I have no dairy in my diet that's definitely not an option for me.

    The implant totally freaks me out. I've heard a lot of good things about it, but I'm still so scared of it! I think it's because with the pill you can stop whenever, yet with the implant its a lot more long term, and you can't just decide one day to come off it - you have to get it physically taken out.
    Hopefully I'll man up one day and just do it! Your post has definitely made me consider this as an option - being ill all the time from the pill isn't really something I want to put up with for much longer xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's really nothing to it :) Pretty much 10 mins in the room and ur on your way home and the same for getting it taken out and put back on. Even if you stop taking the pill, it's still in your for a few days :) those few days the DR could have taken it out too for you :D xx

      Delete
  23. Great post, the implant scares the hell out of me!
    I'm on Cerazette at the moment and so far so good for me. I'm not on it for the same reasons as you though, I'm on it because most pills make me a grumpy cow! I've not had any periods since being on this and have felt a lot happier in myself, I also haven't been biting Spencer's head off as often! xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad the implant works for some people, however it was a nightmare for me.
    My periods stopped for a couple of months then I had a constant period, that was hell. Cramps and everything x2 billion, such an emotional time.
    I had seriously bad PMT and was a total nightmar apparently, mood swings were really intense.
    A year later I had enough after months of using the pill contraceptive too, to stop the periods.
    I ended up with the injection Depo-Provera and it worked fantastically. No periods, no pain, no mood swings... total bliss.
    Only downside is the chances of the bones thinning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a shame :( Though I don't know if there is or were different types? My friends had two and found them both different. I'm still much better than I was, I've had the odd month where I do have a more of a 'proper' one but still a 2 rather than a 10 I used to be :) I'm glad you found what worked for yu though, it's lovely. There's always chances though isn't it :)
      x

      Delete
  25. Ok Lucy (and other ladies) I've just come across your blog as I was looking for real life opinions. Like most of you I had the school years from hell and was put on Logynon from age of 15 (had started at 8!!).....however turning 40 this year they took me of it and put me on Cerazette and omg if I thought it was horrendous before its nothing to how I've felt over the last 4mths. I have had no periods so constantly check if I'm pregnant cause I feel so bunged up and heavy (which I am) mood swings are shocking you definately know if I have a problem with you which is bad since I was known as Jolly J right up unti this year. I had went to the Docs as I can't handle the headaches most of all have to grab my head every so often thinking the pressure will dull the ache!! She suggested I try the implant which I am booked in for on the 27th July. I think my surgery fits the Implanon version. I have never wanted children and don't want any unwelcome visitors hence why I do so many tests!!! But due to the change in my pill I have made my partner wear a condom as well. How long have you had the implant now and is everything still good? You are right thou oh to be a man .....not so Jolly J xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I've just read your comment in my emails and had to answer asap for you! :D I'm 100% certain they've changed something in Cerazette after them always trying to put me on a cheaper pill, it was amazing when I started with it until obvs above. I had the pregnancy worries, but worrying just stresses me and makes me later, thankfully it never failed (cerazete). I'd skip some months.

      I do think the implant is worth the try, your surgery will fit the same as I have. Now atm when I'm 'on' I am a bit longer than I orignally was the first few months of the implant, however I'm nowhere near as what I was like back in the horrid days, I feel normal. I have these 'worse' months then I have amazing month which I'm basically not on. I'm 99% on the dot, I always start on a saturday at 8am. weird. At the moment I'm not with anyone so I don't have the worry of children, however when i do I think I'll make him be extra safe for awhile until hes staying around, there's chances with every option so I wont ever worry. I've had the implant since the end of Nov 2011, so I haven't had it for a year but I had instant results, for something that is meant to be the same ingredients as Cerazette it works much better and makes me normal, I get a little moody, but tbh I have had a lot of stress over the months. I'll be keeping my implant because it's great, I feel normal again, it was never going to stop me fully because I was that terrible but I can cope so easily and get on with everything. I was running late for june so I lapped into july, then started a few days ago and have now finished. and back on track. I thought I had worse pains, but it was actually a stomach bug I'm getting over! It's the one for me and don't listen to horror stories about the fitting! I couldn't feel her touch me let alone fit the teeny tiny thing. If you have any questions tweet or email me, details are on the right.

      Delete
  26. Great Post :D
    i have had heavy periods since i was 11 and they are quite infrequent too, about 4 months ago i had a really bad period which came with a awful migraine was sick for 4 days , so finally fed up went to the doctors they prescribed me with cerazette although the pain is reduce my periods been on for like 3 months on and off now finding that i have muscle aches and im tired , irritable really do not like this tablet , with the history of migraines i wont go near the combined and i cant get time off for the depo and im certainly not ready to be a mother im left with the implant i hope it works. i really think its all trial and error and people defiantly do not share if we did we all might make better choices first time round

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah,
      I really hope it works out for you, it's worked wonders but I'd say now it's not completely perfect but it's far easier to cope now. TMI - last month It wasn't really a proper period, this month I'm either very late or not having one. Either way it's better than extra long heavy periods! You'll have to let me know how you get on and if you have any questions feel free to ask x

      Delete
  27. Great Post :D
    i have had heavy periods since i was 11 and they are quite infrequent too, about 4 months ago i had a really bad period which came with a awful migraine was sick for 4 days , so finally fed up went to the doctors they prescribed me with cerazette although the pain is reduce my periods been on for like 3 months on and off now finding that i have muscle aches and im tired , irritable really do not like this tablet , with the history of migraines i wont go near the combined and i cant get time off for the depo and im certainly not ready to be a mother im left with the implant i hope it works. i really think its all trial and error and people defiantly do not share if we did we all might make better choices first time round

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving and reading comments. I always try my best to reply as quickly as I can. If you have any urgent questions feel free to email or tweet - details found to the side or top of my blog. Lucy x

© Lucyy Writes

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig