UK Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

Peanut Butter + Marshmallow Blondies // Candice Brown - Comfort

Each time I seem to vanish from blogging, I return with a baking post - I've been baking SO much recently that I've got a lot of recipes to share with you guys - if you've been following me on Instagram you'll have spotted many of these tasty treats on my stories over the last few months already. I'll explain my absence in detail soon, things definitely haven't been rosy. As my first full post (lets face it a wish-list does not count as a true blog post) I thought I'd share the most incredible Blondie recipe I've ever attempted, though I can't take credit for the wonderful recipe as it comes from GBBO 2016 Winner - Candice Brown's NEW book Comfort, which I received back in July when I turned the grand old age of....23. I'd been dropping hints ever since I noticed the release would be near to my birthday. I absolutely adore Candice & rooted for her from the start of the series, I too grew up baking with my dear Grandma & Mum, I learnt so much from my Dad's Mum. I'm sure there'll be plenty more of Candice's recipes appearing on LW (so long as folk are still willing to read LW Post's, I feel so out of the loop from my little hobby, so much has changed!)
an image of peanut butter and marshmallow blondie recipe
an image of peanut butter and marshmallow blondie recipe
To make these incredibly moreish Peanut Butter & Marshmallow Blondies you will need the following ingredients: 
175g Unsalted Butter, melted (I actually used a mixture of unsalted & stork, don't judge me, we were running low)
300g Light Soft Brown Sugar
200g Crunchy Peanut Butter
2 Large Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste (I used regular vanilla extract)
200g Plain Flour (I used my usual Doves Farm Gluten Free Flour)
1 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
150g Dark Chocolate - cut into rough chunks
200g Pink & White Marshmallows (I think I'd use a few more next time)
an image of peanut butter and marshmallow blondie recipe
Now for the recipe:
Pre-heat your oven (180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 OR like me, 160C Fan) & line a square baking tray (20cm) with greaseproof paper. My regular tin for brownies/blondies is rectangular & these brownies cooked just fine. Make use of what you have. I sometimes use an individual square, traybake tin from Lakeland - however I'm forever overcooking blondies in there.

Enough waffling, firstly - Mix together the melted butter & brown sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Then add the peanut butter and mix until combined. Beat the eggs into the mix, along with your vanilla. Then comes the flour, baking powder and salt - sift this into your bowl and fold until combined. Stir through your broken chocolate chunks, if you don't like dark chocolate (my absolute favourite chocolate) use whatever chocolate you prefer. I also think these blondies would be delicious with any other chocolate spread so long as it doesn't alter the consistency too much. I'm sure I'll report back to you guys with this. I'm tempted to try Bounty Spread. I love my coconut OR perhaps Malteaser Spread and Malteasers.

All that's left to do is to pour your mixture into your lined tin & place the marshmallows on top of the mix. I'd recommend using the large marshmallows as small marshmallows would most likely burn. Next time I'd use a few extra marshmallows - I imagine it's simply because of my tin size....and lets face it you can never have too much marshmallow - especially when the weather is as poor as it is recently.

Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes, I took mine out after 60 - I think this was just about right - maybe a little sooner next time. You want the marshmallow to toast golden brown, which will be very sticky when first out - you need to leave these to cool before cutting as the marshmallow will stick to the knife making it almost impossible....note I say almost....as these would totally be even more heavenly in all their molten marshmallow and gooey, buttery goodness. Once cooled - remove from tin using paper and cut into squares - aim for around 12 if using a square tin - I ended up with a couple more & larger chunks to send off to my Dad's work.
an image of peanut butter and marshmallow blondie recipe
an image of peanut butter and marshmallow blondie recipe
I honestly couldn't wish for a more perfect blondie recipe, blondies have never been my strong point - I make some heavenly brownies - where as I always tend to over cook a blondie. With the weather being so wet & miserable there's nothing more comforting than a chunk of peanut butter & marshmallow heaven. I'd love to hear if you guys are tempted to make them OR if you've also picked up Candice's book - it's so, so pretty and packed with incredible recipes - Candice has even had me making my own pastry!? Lucy xx

4 comments

  1. Love the look of these, will have to try them soon. One question?? Whats the difference between a blondie and a brownie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nic - Brownie are made with cocoa or melted chocolate, where as blondies aren't chocolate based but have the texture of a brownie and then chunks chucked in? Best way I can describe them :P

      Delete
  2. These look so good!! I’ve made blondies in the past, and they are really tasty, they have a brownie texture which I love. My most recent bake was peanut butter biscuits, which were fun to make. Glad to see you back by the way, I’ve always liked your blog! :-) xx

    Helen | Helen’s Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Blondies are lovely aren't they, I love the gooey, brownie texture and especially when they include brown sugar - so much richer and tastier. Peanut Butter in baking is my favourite at the moment. Your biscuits must have been amazing! Thank you for your lovely comment <3 Hopefully I see more familiar faces <3

      Delete

I love receiving and reading comments. I always try my best to reply as quickly as I can. If you have any urgent questions feel free to email or tweet - details found to the side or top of my blog. Lucy x

© Lucyy Writes

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig