UK Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

Peanut Butter and Jelly Flapjack | Gluten, Dairy Free and Vegan

Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Vegan! Meet the latest bake I've been dying to share with you guys. A little spin on the classic pairing of Peanut Butter and Jelly. Wanting something to bake in between preparing the Sunday Roast I stumbled across a simple three ingredient flapjack on Deliciously Ella's Instagram Page (for reference, I also subscribe to her App, buy her products and own the recipe books). 

At first I was a little apprehensive how just three ingredients would provide the buttery texture, a traditional oat flapjack must boast. Armed with an alarming supersized tub of Pip & Nut peanut butter, I decided to persevere and give it a whirl. Ella's recipe originally uses Date Syrup, however whilst my kitchen cupboards are fit to burst, this is one ingredient I do not have. Swapping for Maple Syrup, Golden Syrup or Honey works just as well. 

To add a little twist to the recipe and discovering a fresh jar of Blackcurrant preserve whilst locating the Maple Syrup, I decided to sandwich a layer for a sweet surprise, just incase the bars weren't moreish enough. I then decided to make them a little extra with a smooth layer or dark chocolate, finished with a dash of pink Himalayan salt and coconut, which is undeniably, a match made in heaven.

Peanut Butter and Jelly Flapjack | Gluten, Dairy Free and VeganPeanut Butter and Jelly Flapjack | Gluten, Dairy Free and VeganPeanut Butter and Jelly Flapjack | Gluten, Dairy Free and Vegan

Ingredients -

180g Gluten Free Porridge Oats 

160g Smooth Peanut Butter (I used Pip and Nut)

130g Maple/Golden Syrup - Either will work

A few spoons of Jam (I used Blackcurrant, as this is my favourite)

75g Dark Chocolate (I used Lindt Dark with Sea Salt - again, my absolute favourite)

Sprinkling of Desiccated Coconut 

Peanut Butter and Jelly Flapjack | Gluten, Dairy Free and Vegan

Peanut Butter and Jelly Flapjack | Gluten, Dairy Free and Vegan

Peanut Butter and Jelly Flapjack | Gluten, Dairy Free and Vegan
Method -

In a saucepan, gently simmer your peanut butter and syrup until both are combined smoothly. 

Now, remove from the heat and stir your oats into the molten mixture. 

In a lined loaf tin, add half your oat mixture, before smoothing out and pressing firmly down. Then add your spoonfuls of jam, before topping with the other half of your oat mixture before smoothing and packing down gently. 

Then you're ready to bake for around 12-15 minutes at 180C. Once your oats look slightly golden, around the edges, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly in the tin.

Once your flapjack has cooled down considerably, melt your chocolate. When melted, pour over and smooth with a flat knife. Next, sprinkle over desiccated coconut and a pinch of salt. 

Place into the fridge, to leave it to set. Once set, slice into bars and you have yourself the perfect snack OR grab and go breakfast.

Peanut Butter and Jelly Flapjack | Gluten, Dairy Free and Vegan

I'd love to hear what you've been baking? I can't wait to start baking more seasonal themed treats. With the weather being miserable, there's no better way to spend lockdown than, in a warm kitchen, Christmas tunes blasting out & winter spices filling the air. Lucy xx

No comments

Post a Comment

I love receiving and reading comments. I always try my best to reply as quickly as I can. If you have any urgent questions feel free to email or tweet - details found to the side or top of my blog. Lucy x

© Lucyy Writes

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig