UK Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

Real Techniques // The Core Collection Review

Despite the entire Real Techniques collection being on my wish list from the release and reading constant reviews online I hadn't yet invested. By my surprise the Core Collection appeared in my stack of Christmas presents. The underlining on my list and constant babbling paid off. Over the past 3 weeks I've used these brushes every day, along with many deep cleaning sessions... there's something about new brushes that always gets me back into a strict brush washing routine.
The Core Collection consists of four brushes (all with cruelty free taklon bristles) and one panoramic case, retailing for just £21.99. Two more brush sets are available along with many separate brushes from various worldwide online retailers and selected Boots stores for those in the UK. The four brushes are all intended for use of creating the perfect base following the Real Techniques colour coded system on the extended aluminium ferrules and clear usage labels/names. Orange brushes as seen here are used for creating the perfect base (foundation, concealer and powder), Pink brushes have been designed for those perfect finishing touches (blush and powder), while the purple are all eye brushes (shadows, liner and brows). The panoramic case you receive with every set is a nice touch, though I'm unsure how much use I'll get from it due to owning the sigma cases/brush holders. Although the toggle and Velcro secure the case shut, brushes aren't completely shut away from all other products or items you may travel with. Individually sold brushes have been designed to free stand on your dressing table.

Buffing Brush | The brush that makes everyone buy the collection purely for itself due to not being sold separately. I can honestly agree that for once a hype really is true, it applies Estee Lauder's Invisible Fluid, Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid and L'oreal True Match Foundation like a dream. I avoid powder use with this brush due to having dry skin, I already have enough coverage to keep those freckles hidden with my liquids.
Contour Brush | I love this brush more than the Buffing brush, it fits the hollows of my cheekbones perfectly. I then blend with the sides. This brush has made me love bronzers I hated such as the Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer, I can actually pick product up. It's also a brilliant accomplice for Lush's Charisma. 
Pointed Foundation Brush | This brush is fairly small compared to other foundation brushes so I tend to use it with concealer, though with more time on your hands you can certainly build the perfect finish.
Detailer Brush | This is a concealer brush for me, mainly used for blemishes and around my nose, where the buffing brush is a little too big to cover. It's also great for highlighting your cupids bow.
I've been impressed with how easy and how quick all four brushes clean. I had visions of the Buffing brush being incredibly annoying to wash, along with the longest to dry but out of ALL the brushes I own these really do dry incredible fast, use very little product to clean.

note - I'll fix bloggers silly game tomorrow. There shouldn't be such a huge gap!!

24 comments

  1. I'm seriously considering investing in Real Techniques..I'm yet to read a bad review!

    franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got most of the real techniques brushes now and they're all amazing. I love how multi use they all are too!

    Zoe | zozeze.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JEalous! I really want them, I own half the collection but I'm determinded by easter to complete them x

      Delete
  3. I need more makeup brushes. I usually buy cheap(ish) ones but I think these are worth investing in.

    http://www.tea-and-cocktails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're worth it, great value for money when you think about it, plus who can afford to pay £40 a time for a bloody mac stamped brush x

      Delete
  4. I need this set!!

    www.rebekasbeautyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Need need need to try these in my life! The contour brush is the one that sticks out for me as I love contouring! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently bought the foundation brush separately which is bigger than the one in the core collection, but I definitely want the buffing brush after hearing so much about it! xx
    Stylish Behaviour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The expert face brush beats the buffing brush btw x

      Delete
  7. I have these! They are the best brushes I've come across so far haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these as well!! I didnt think anything could replaced my EcoTools buffing brush but I am in love with the RT one!!! I love the contour brush also!!
    Their blush and powder brushes are also fab!! I don't think I've used any other face brushes since I got the RT ones. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the eye set I picked up since has replaced my ecotools set! x

      Delete
  9. Love these brushes so much, use mine virtually every day! Have had them for a couple of months now and they still look brand new! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine are looking great now after a month, so I can see why they'll last so long! x

      Delete
  10. I love this set, its probably the best from the range although I just got the expert face brush which is a good contender to the highly acclaimed buffing brush! plus I think the RT brushed are amazing value for the quality - higher end brands should be worried :-)

    Becky
    beckys makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked that out wit my daxon voucher and LOVE it. It's the only foundation brush I'll use from now on x

      Delete
  11. I got these for Christmas!
    Love them!!

    egtx3.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great aren't they, though now the expert face brush kicks the buffing brush! x

      Delete
  12. I love these brushes! bought this collection and the starter set of eyeshadow brushes and two of the individual brushes and they're brilliant! did a review :D http://1123honeyb.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want these so much - I need to part with the cash and hget them!
    xx
    http://thepowderednose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving and reading comments. I always try my best to reply as quickly as I can. If you have any urgent questions feel free to email or tweet - details found to the side or top of my blog. Lucy x

© Lucyy Writes

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig