UK Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

Home Touches // Bedroom Wishlist


Like most topics on LW, home decor has lacked recently. I haven't felt my usual self amongst many other problems, when its down to blogging or having a cuddle with Harry...he wins every single time. Feeling more refreshed with an updated blog design - a few final touches to go and of course the reason I'm writing this post...my NEW decor project. So instead of blog posts making use of what I already have by accessorising, I'm in the midst of switching over rooms at long last. To kick off the interior series of LW, I'm sharing the items I'm planning on ordering.

Ikea | Hemnes Day Bed | White | £260
Moving rooms calls for a new bed, I could quite easily fit a double bed into the room though I want to prioritise space before a larger bed. I've set me heart onto the famous ikea daybed...with three deep drawers for me to cram full, the use of a sofa, single bed and double. Of course being a daybed means you need to purchase two mattresses.

Ikea | Trysil Wardrobe | White | £170
Wardrobe shopping has proven hard, having the smallest room was always a pet peeve of mine though I've realised how privileged it was with such a ginormous wardrobe. It earned the nickname of Narnia, I can't even imagine how many pretty shabby chic numbers I would have needed to fit it all in...I don't even know if this Ikea will fit it all in one alone. The Trysil wardrobe comes in at a affordable £170, it may not the prettiest thing but with four drawers, two shelves (fitting the skubb boxes six pack) and plenty of hanging space I'm hoping I'll have a new Narnia. 

Next | Scottie Dog Table Lamp | £35
I've spotted a few Westie lamps on the market, even The White Company have their own take at £70 though none can better Next's offering. This lamp would take my Westie obsession to a whole new level. The amount of Scottie and Westie items since Christmas is ridiculous. I've become such an easy target for the marketing, though I'm sure Sara (at Pretty In Pink, one of my favourite blogs) would also love this. 

Next | Floral Four Drawers | £45
I almost ordered this set of drawers in the summer but decided on a vintage jewellery holder instead. My strict organisation seems to have vanished, whether I use this for small amounts of paperwork or beauty products, it'll fit anywhere in the room and follow my theme.

Next | Scroll Detail Mirror Shelf | £55
Having browsed the site for this post I've just spotted this beauty, I'm unsure what I'm doing with either of my current mirrors. As much as I love my huge white mirror above my dressing table I feel as if it's just too big...while this wouldn't match being cream and shelved. I'm also planning to keep items on the wall to a minimum...my wallpaper is far too pretty to ruin with holes. Decisions. Matching items are a bin and wooden boxes, if you buy one you need all three right?

Ikea | Lack Table | £5-£10
A few weeks back I ordered a little white table for a ridiculously small £5, with two black-brown tables at £8 as part of Dan's moving in gifts - more to come on them if requested? It'll make a change from my usual shabby chic, white and floral infested pieces. Having always stayed away from Ikea in the past, these little tables have encouraged me to definitely go for the pieces I'm after. They look great in Dan's bachelor pad and an easy step into DIY for him.

Live Laugh Love | Heart Jewellery Box | £16.95
I already have this item and can't wait to show its pretty design off in upcoming blog posts. My Mum ordered this as a surprise knowing how much I adore Live Laugh Love from reviewing a few items for them in the past. Along with these pretty drawers she ordered this antique silver glass tea light, it's absolutely beautiful and HUGE, perfect for holding my excessive makeup brushes. Sadly the unique design smashed in delivery, tempted to try again but will DPD smash it again!? Do you have any decorating planned? Lucy x
*absolutely not sponsored or affiliated 

10 comments

  1. that day bed looks awesome and the scotty lamp is just so cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove that scottie dog lamp! Must have!

    franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to be getting so many more scottie dog items, can't cope. :P

      Delete
  3. I'm obsessed with that lamp Lucy!!! and completely agree, floor space over a big bed any day ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so adorable, I don't think I really need it though :(

      Delete
  4. Good to see you back, I hope that everything is okay.
    Gorgeous items, the lamp is the cutest!
    Good luck with your room move :) xx

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leanne, the weeks seem to fly by :|
      Hope you're well <3

      Delete
  5. I hope everything has been ok for you ;/ dogs are the best aren't they.
    I love these sorts of posts, i always love everything you choose.
    That scottie dog table lamp is the cutest, I love next for their home decor.
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, the weeks seem to fly by too quick for the amount going on! :P
      Trying so hard to avoid going into Next home, if I see this in person I'll be going home with it :|

      Delete

I love receiving and reading comments. I always try my best to reply as quickly as I can. If you have any urgent questions feel free to email or tweet - details found to the side or top of my blog. Lucy x

© Lucyy Writes

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig