UK Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

Lush Christmas Haul 2015 // Lucyy Writes

an image of a Lush Christmas Haul 2015
an image of the magic of christmas bubble bar
an image of yoga nog bath bomb review
an image of bar humbug bubble bar lush
an image of lush star dust bath bomb
an image of lord of misrule bath bomb
an image of lush christmas haul 2015
an image of lush fairy dust
an image of lush santas belly shower jelly
an image of icing on the cake roulade lush
I finally managed to get my hands on a selection of Lush's festive goodies. For once I decided to head into my local Lush rather than order online. I'm not a fan of the naked packaging for online orders, a lot of products get wasted. I'm looking forward to making many more trips in the upcoming months and reviewing them all on LW.

As always I headed towards the bath bombs and bubble bars first. There are so many new additions this year, I wanted to get them all. One bubble bar I wasn't going home without was The Magic of Christmas reusable bubble bar. The golden lustre covered star sits on top of an actual cinnamon stick, tied with a ribbon and finished with a bell. I mentioned on Instagram that I think this bubble wand smells like Haribo Tangfastics, which should be down to the sweet orange oil though this wand also contains almond & cinnamon leaf oil. I'd love to hear if anyone else agrees with me? Everyone I've asked says it smells of gingerbread!? Next on my list was Yog Nog bath bomb, I fell in love with the toffee scented soap last year even though I'm not usually one for their bars of soap. Yog Nog bath bomb smells just as incredible, I can't wait to test this out tonight. 

Intrigued by the liquorice scent Bar Humbug bubble bar also came home, by online I assumed the bar would be the same size as The Comforter however it's more of a miniature The Comforter. The texture of the bar feels a lot harder and closer together. Another new bath bomb to make it's way into my basket was Star Dust. Star Dust doesn't look to exciting being a plain white star. However once in the tub it's a different story, it also smells just like Vanilla Fountain which I miss dearly. Obviously I couldn't leave without adding a Lord of Misrule bath bomb (review found here) into my basket along with the accompanying Lord of Misrule Shower Cream!? Did you know our favourite limited edition bath bomb has finally been made into a shower cream and boy does it smell even better than I'd imagined. If you aren't familiar with Lord of Misrule he appears each Halloween/Christmas, carrying the most beautiful fragrance of patchouli, black pepper and vanilla. Several 1KG bottles are needed.

If there are any Snow Fairy fans out there I highly recommend getting your hands on Fairy Dust dusting powder. The light pink powder smells so strongly of the sweet fragrance, leaving skin with a slight shimmer and scented for hours. In my previous post I mentioned Lush have whipped up two shower jellies for us this year. I already own Snowman shower jelly and decided to try out Santa's Belly since it's supposed to smell like So White, which only came back as a bath bomb and not a shower gel this year. So far I wouldn't recommend ordering this product online due to the fact it leaks/melts easily. I haven't seen a shower jelly melt this way since Strawberry Santa. Lush  have also launched a festive shower smoothie in the new roulade form taken from Lush Oxford Street. I'm not a huge fan of the black potted Shower Smoothies from Lush, with only Turkish Delight winning me over and the rest leaving my skin feeling dry. The Icing on the Cake Roulade retails for £5 per 100g, with the slice I have being cut to that exactly. I'm eager to jump in the shower since it smells exactly like Ponche - a past Christmas shower gel inspired by the Mexican Christmas punch. It was a firm favourite in our household with my Dad even raiding my stash. It's an incredible scent, though one that's also incredibly hard to describe - think almond, orange, lime and lemon. Icing on the Cake is essentially a 'cake slice' of almond milk, chestnut puree & cocoa butter which moisturises your skin with a thick creamy lather.

There of course was one non-Christmas related item to make its way into my basket. When Lush opened Lush Oxford Street they made one of my most loved bubble bars into a Shower Cream. They've since added a few of these products to Lush stores nationwide & online. Having been restrained because of the upcoming Christmas line & my excessive stash of products I hadn't tried any. If you adore the bubble bar OR love berry scents you'll love the shower friendly formula of The Comforter Shower Cream. Have you picked up any of the festive collection yet? I'd love to hear your recommendations. Lucy xox 

14 comments

  1. I might have to pick up the Fairy Dust Dusting Powder, it sounds very interesting and I do quite like the scent of Snow Fairy.

    http://IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend picking up a bottle, even greater when you have a range of the snow fairy products to layer up the scent.

      Delete
  2. I love Lush's christmas range - the fairy dust dusting powder sounds so intriguing, I love the smell of snow fairy so I must try this!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The collection always puts a smile back on my face! I hope you try it, you'll love it! x

      Delete
  3. I have to say these photographs are really great! You also picked up some lovely bits :) x

    Christina Marie - xtinagsays.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That made my day! Thank you Christina. It's so hard to get good photo's now that it's getting darker! xx

      Delete
  4. You've sold the dusting powder to me - anything that keeps me smelling like snow fairy is a winner. pity the bubble bar isn't the same size as the comforter :( xx www.jesskadenise.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow Fairy is such a comforting scent! If I start to feel anxious I've been topping up with the powder. It smells so good though, I didn't expect to like Humbug but he's growing on me, he's pretty expensive considering he's small.

      Delete
  5. wow how did i not know the comforter is in a shower creme now!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have such a huge wish list! I picked up a bottle of Snow Fairy and a few other bits, definitely need to pop back for some more to try.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try Fairy Dust, would you recommend it? I haven't used anything like it before so unsure xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'll hopefully get a review up soon. xx

      Delete

I love receiving and reading comments. I always try my best to reply as quickly as I can. If you have any urgent questions feel free to email or tweet - details found to the side or top of my blog. Lucy x

© Lucyy Writes

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig