UK Beauty & Fashion Blog

17 // Photo Flawless Skin Primer review

Hey lovelies, it wasn't till I subscribed and received my first Glossy Box that I actually used a primer under my foundation. I'll be reviewing the Murad too soon. So while picking up a 17 foundation, I picked up their primer. I'd heard very good reviews about this product and it was cheaper than paying just over £30 for something that will do the same job hopefully.

The 17 Photo Flawless Skin Primer retails at only £4.99. Again, how can you not try this, it's very affordable. You get 15ml of product, again a very reasonable amount. The packaging itself is in a squeeze tube. This will fit in any makeup bag or my over crowding makeup drawers. Blogging has seriously doubled my makeup collection. I think I'll have to expand again. Being a squeeze tube, allows you to get as little or as much product as you need. And I love the black and gold packaging. Simple and looks a little more than what it actually costs.


For those who don't know what a primer does? A primer is designed to make your makeup stay on for longer. They come tinted to even out your skin tone or plain like this one is. They can vary between a liquid formula similar to foundation or more of a gel. All primers should even out pores and make your skin as smooth as possible for your makeup to glide on. Both types can be worn alone, I just prefer to cover my face up in makeup.


On it's own this product isn't going to give you flawless skin. I have to wear foundation. This blends out so evenly and leaves my skin feeling very silky. The formula of this product is a clear gel. Very different to the Murad that I've tried. I'd agree that it reduces pores, though not a lot, a good skin care routine helps reduce them anyway. I prefer wearing it with my 17 foundation I reviewed recently, still works great with others! My foundation stays on all day. I don't have to touch up. When I go to take my makeup off, my skin still looks as great as when I applied it. I think having dry skin helps, someone with oily skin will see benefits just not as long lasting.  I've had this for awhile now and I still have way over half left. A little does go a long way. My makeup glides on as silky as this primer is. I love it and I'm buying this again!

What do you think? Have you tried this primer before?

21 comments

  1. great review :) i've never really worn primers for some reason! but this is so affordable i might have to give it a go :)
    http://vckyv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lovely :) It's great, you notice the difference!
      x

      Delete
  2. I've been such a primer snob only sticking to MAC and Illamasqua generally but I've heard so many good things about this little guy I'll definitely be giving it a try :) Great review! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ;) Drugstores I find are better, have very little luck with high end ;/
      x

      Delete
  3. I might try this, i have just fallen in love with 17 as a brand, and its so cheap might have to give a whirl...though Ive never used a primer! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I've starting loving them again!

      x

      Delete
  4. great review! my rimmel primer is coming to the end i think ill try this one next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried this and didn't get along with it, shame as its so cheap.
    I have oily skin though so that'll be why :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw shame :( Maybe it is your skin type, thanks for saying if anyone else reads the comments :D
      x

      Delete
  6. i actually cant wait to try this now xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been debating about getting a primer for a while but i'm not sure how it would weight up against putting something else on my skin. I don't know thought, i'm so tempted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sensitive and I get on fine, it's really light :)
      x

      Delete
  8. Great review, I'd been umming and ahhing about buying this but was unsure on whether it'd actually be any good, so think I will give it a try next time I'm in Boots as I've been after another primer for a while!

    Hev x
    farewell-tothefairground.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, it's worth it for the price, I need to try the rimmel :)
      x

      Delete
  9. I bought this last week and LOVE it, I just popped it on my own blog too! What a bargain. I was walking up and down the make up ailse for ages and I was swayed by this ones price and glad I was as its great! I have an oily tzone so I cant use it on my nose, but I put it everywhere else and it feels so good as soon as you put it on! So glad I found it and pleased to see you did too :)

    Karys x

    whoisgrumblebeard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely :) Such a good price and works a treat, murad is supposed to be good for oily, it's just expensive
      x

      Delete
  10. I brought this a couple of weeks ago as it's kind of expensive to repurchase my Benefit POREfessional and I must say I absolutely love it, for the price it's pretty fantastic.
    : ]

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a big scar on my cheek which us only 2 weeks old and I'm very aware of it, do you think this could help me cover it better than my mineral powder foundation, that just seems to highlite the scar :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This wouldn't, it'd only hold the powder longer. Try collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer, it's brilliant and cheap. xx

      Delete

I love receiving and reading comments. I'll always get back to you. If you have any urgent questions feel free to tweet or email me. All found in the sidebar or top of my blog. Lucy xx

© Lucyy Writes

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig