UK Beauty & Fashion Blog

Christmas at LW // LW Christmas Tree

With an unexpected delivery of four new Christmas trees arriving mid-November we became 'those people' - according to friends and family. We didn't plan to be so ahead usually our festive decorating starts the first weekend of December. With having a foul week and the excitement of some beautiful trees sitting in our porch off I set to turn the house into a winter wonderland.
an image of me 2 u bear
an image of robin christmas decoration
an image of shabby chic christmas tree 
christmas decoration image
As always my Christmas tree is fake, complete with a heavy dusting of fake snow. Sick of my tacky white tree from B&Q I hopped onto Homebase where they already had 50% off all their Christmas range. The Snow Effect Barch Tree stole my heart, with a 4ft ordered for myself and a 6ft to replace the main tree. Can we all take a moment to imagine my Dad's face when he walked into the porch full of Christmas boxes. These tree's are as close to a real tree a fake Christmas tree can look, I keep referring to them as the Winnie The Pooh trees. My favourite part being the base, instead of your metal frame we've a large, heavy wood effect trunk. 
an image of christmas decorationsan image of christmas tree fairy
an image of a shabby chic christmas tree
Keeping up with my theme from last year I haven't picked up an awful lot of tree decorations, the few I did ended up downstairs on the kitchen's tree. Last year I went a little crazy ordering items from my favourite shabby chic stores and B&Q, this year I felt let down. Stores stocked the same or took shabby chic and vintage inspired pieces the complete opposite route. Asda had a white washed wooden tree complete with jingle bells, along with a pack of white roses and bird houses. The rest of my decorations are saved from when I was a very small child, B&Q, Melody Maison and quaint local stores with my added collection of Me2You Christmas characters. It's a shame I didn't follow the tartan theme but only Next seemed to have a few cheeky characters, there's always next year. Light wise I grabbed an old set of coloured lights, which usually I turn my head away to but this year with my little shabby vintage looking tree blend in well. 
*all own purchases

3 comments

  1. Well, robins are meant to be messengers from loved ones, so it may be her! (I take comfort and think of that whenever I see a wee robin :D)

    I've never seen these snow dusted trees either, look very quaint though :) Great post. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Grandma always said she'd return as a Robin, my most important life moments so far always see a Robin! I see them a little less these days, though I've met a sweet old lady who is the spitting image of her and insists of me and my puppy popping in each day. The world is quite odd and lovely :') p.s totally though I replied last year :( I've always purchased another of this tree this year, making that three of this style

      Delete
  2. such lovely decorations, i love the ginger bread man :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving and reading comments. I'll always get back to you. If you have any urgent questions feel free to tweet or email me. All found in the sidebar or top of my blog. Lucy xx

© Lucyy Writes

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig