UK Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

Spring Lush Haul // 2015

an image of spring lush haul
an image of lush hoppity poppity bath bomb
an image of lush golden egg bath bomb
an image of lush fizzbanger bath bomb
an image of lush sakura bath bomb
an image of ultraviolet bubble bar lush
an image of granny takes a dip bath bomb
Yesterday we stopped off on our way home so I could grab a few pick me ups from Lush. I hadn't visited my local in a long time due to always ordering online. There once was a time I'd be in there every week spending an absolute fortune. Having missed the Mother's Day collection, I didn't want to miss out on a couple of the Easter items. A very tired Harry even came along - I think he'll be visiting more often with the fuss he received from the lovely staff.

First to scoop a place in the basket was Hoppity Poppity bath bomb £2.50. This adorable little guy was the reason I wanted to visit, I couldn't face approaching Easter without a couple. From reading the reviews on the Lush website he seems to have had a mixed reception but having used him last night I'm glad I picked out two of the violet and lavender scented bath bomb. He might not be for everyone but if you suffer from sensitive skin & like a gentle fragrance, you'll be wanting to stock up to see you through spring. Hoppity reminds of a weaker The Boog (2010?) bath bomb, Grass & much weaker Ultraviolet.

Following in his little paw prints was the incredible Golden Egg bath bomb melt £3.75. Having appeared last Easter I was SO happy to the toffee scented, molten gold return for another. The sight of all that glitter may look daunting but I can assure you, you do not turn into a glitter ball once taking your long soak. This bath bomb is coated in a layer of bath melt before being rolled in glitter, meaning you get a slow fizzer & incredibly nourishing bath waters. If you love It's Raining Men shower gel & Honey I Washed The Kids soap you'll want a large stash of these zero calorie eggs.

A little late to the mark, Ultraviolet bubble bar £4.75 was still hanging around from Mother's Day. The perks of being a quieter Lush store perhaps? I didn't get a chance to get to Lush before Mother's Day to pick up one for my Mum. She's a huge fan of Ylang Ylang & Patchouli and finds a lot of products containing it become discontinued both in and out of Lush. Thankfully we can always count of the oils appearing in the majority of their Limited Edition collections and she just had to pick one up yesterday. Lush seriously need to keep this bubble bar on, it smells just like Parma Violets & having read reviews calming it to reduce anxiety I'll have to steal a couple pieces.

No Lush haul is complete without a Sakura bath bomb £3.35. I'd always pick one up when I was at school. Why did Lush ever get rid!? I'm so happy to have it back. Inspired by Japanese cherry blossom, Sakura carries the most perfect spring time fragrance that I personally think everyone should love. The calming mimosa & jasmine oils teamed with lemon and orange flower really do create a long lasting but gentle lingering fragrance.

Since MammaWrites was treating she picked out Fizzbanger bath bomb £3.35. She's had it before but couldn't remember. This large yellow bath bomb has a hidden surprise in the centre & plenty of crackling popping candy. It's one to make sure you pick up come October-November, for your very own firework display in the tub. We always say it smells like Toffee Apple with its cinnamon, apple and Ylang Ylang fragrance. 

I reviewed Granny Takes a Dip bath bomb £3.35 blog post here last year when it launched. It soon became one of my most favourite Lush products & sadly yesterday it's not for me but as part of our neighbours birthday gift. Now having her first Grandchild what could be a better bath bomb?! Have you made any visits to Lush recently? You can always count on their spring time collections to bring a smile to your face. Lucy xx

8 comments

  1. LUCY! Why do you do this to me!? I feel another trip coming on.. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Char!! You need to get a stash of the golden eggs!

      Delete
  2. I haven't bought anything from Lush in ages! Everything looks so nice, must head down there soon! :)

    Emily x // EmGrace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always nice when they have limited edition collections in!

      Delete
  3. You're so right, no Lush haul is complete without a Sakura - they're SO good! Have you tried Pot o' Gold yet? It's my fave from the Easter stuff.I think Ultraviolet is staying around for summer but I'm not 100% sure!

    Jess
    Philocalist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't yet, I wish I'd picked one up but I do have two tubs of the snowman jelly left from Christmas. Thanks for the heads up about UV :) x

      Delete

I love receiving and reading comments. I always try my best to reply as quickly as I can. If you have any urgent questions feel free to email or tweet - details found to the side or top of my blog. Lucy x

© Lucyy Writes

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig