UK Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

Cheddar & Chorizo Pastries // Lucyy Writes

If you've been following me for quite some time, whether it be on social media or via my blog you may have noticed that from time to time I share images of today's recipe. It's my signature, no matter what time of year it is, if there's a party, special holiday OR we just fancy them I always whip up a batch or two, with them gone as quick as you can make them. It's not only my family and neighbours that adore these, but also my parents friends. If they're invited to a party....these guys are requested. I don't think they'd be allowed in if they ever turned up without a heaped box of my Cheddar and Chorizo Pastries. It's funny isn't it - I'm not entirely sure what to call my signature bake? They're known as my 'cheesey stars' even when they aren't in the shape of stars, sometimes they come in hearts, at this time of year they're of course in Christmas Themed shapes. Either way they're completely delicious - and can be changed around for a stronger cheese or the chorizo taken out if you're vegetarian. If you're wanting to know how to make my famous, golden - cheese topped pastries - full of paprika and Spanish chorizo, great alone - warm from the oven, as party nibbles OR to accompany a steaming bowl of soup, simply read on. P.S who recognises lasts years custom tin I had made? The perfect way to store any left over pastries!
an image of Cheddar & Chorizo Pastries Recipe
an image of Cheddar & Chorizo Pastries Recipe
Ingredients:
150g Self Raising Flour
1 Tsp Paprika
1/2 Tsp Salt
75g Butter
75g Cheddar Cheese - grated + plus extra for topping
1 Egg
1 Tbsp Milk
Chorizo - I use the pre-chopped, twin pack.
an image of Cheddar & Chorizo Pastries recipe
Recipe:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200C or 180C if you have a fan oven like myself. Line 2-3 trays with greaseproof paper.
2. In a bowl, mix together your flour, paprika & salt before rubbing the chopped butter into this mix until fine breadcrumbs are formed.
3. Next add your cheese - the original called for you to reserve some to top - I however grate extra for the topping and add all the cheese in. If you're adding the Chorizo - now is the time to do so also. I always chop the pre-chopped up again so it's extra fine.
4. Then slowly add the beaten egg + milk to form a dough, save some liquid as this is then used to glaze your pastries.
5. Chill your dough for at least an hour, then roll out - neither too thick, nor too thin - I'm afraid I don't have the exact measurements as I've made them so often I just get on with it.
6. Cut out your shapes, lay onto your trays - then brush and top with cheese & glaze before baking for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and you have golden pastries.
7. All that is left is to let them cool (if you can) or enjoy them warm from the oven. Eat alone or teamed with a big bowl of soup OR pull the cheese board and pickles out. They keep really well - though they won't be around for long with family and friends visiting.

Do you have a signature bake? A recipe that you always whip up when it comes to special occasions and holidays? I've always put off sharing my recipe for these - but it's about time I share one of my most well loved, most requested treats - and hey, for once it's not sweet! Lucy xx
Disclaimer: I hold no responsibility for calories gained through excessive consumption of these moreish delights <3

No comments

Post a Comment

I love receiving and reading comments. I always try my best to reply as quickly as I can. If you have any urgent questions feel free to email or tweet - details found to the side or top of my blog. Lucy x

© Lucyy Writes

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig