UK Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

Maybelline // ColorSensational Popsticks in Pink Sugar

Maybelline Color Sensational Popsticks have been out for quite awhile now and have got to be the most pointless item I have ever purchased. I picked this up when I needed a little pick me up, my Boots had just got them in. Maybelline Color Sensational Popsticks retail at £7.19.
As soon as I opened Pink Sugar it went in the basket, perfect dupe for the Topshop one I missed out on. The other shades in this range looked disgusting, they were so dark and reminded me of the Push Pop lollipops as a child. Not something I'd want on my lips. They smell delicious though, very fruity!
Popsticks won't give you any colour, certainly not Pink Sugar, but I expected a bit more from them. The glitter doesn't show up on the lips, hence no lip swatches, nobody wants to see naked, boring lips. Pop Sticks are just a pretty, over priced lip balm, that isn't even that great at moisturising. You have to keep frequently reappling and defintely don't go by the swatches on Boots online, nothing like the product. 
With Flash.
Would I purchase again? No, I got sucked in by the glitter and hoped it would be like the Topshop version, where the glitter does show. An over priced, dressed up lip balm, I'd rather of had Baby Lips released in the UK.
Disclaimer: purchased by me

22 comments

  1. This looks pretty in the tube - what a shame it doesn't translate well onto the lips xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Maybellines Colour Sensational Lipstick in Mystic Mauve . The colour applied to the lips is the same as the lipstic,it lasts quite some too. Shame you didnt have the same luck Ax

    http://quirkybirdsbeautybubble.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're an odd product aren't they and over priced. Should have brought as Baby Lips
      x

      Delete
  3. Oh, that's too bad, they look so pretty, it's a shame they don't perform! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose you can't expect much from a clear lippy though :) But if it's glitter I want glitter and moisturising!
      x

      Delete
  4. The fact that the lipstick looks clear puts me off. Now I def don't want to purchase one. xx

    http://tbatebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looked so pretty, like topshop and smelt amazing, you'd think it'd have a little wow! :(
      x

      Delete
  5. Looks pretty but as you say shame theres no colour pay off :/

    harrihairandbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely pointless product, I don't know what the other shades are like, but they looked pretty rank in the bullet.
      x

      Delete
  6. Wow that is really glittery, I'm not a fan of lipsticks like that x

    http://simplebeautybag.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree... Pointless! Why don't we have Baby Lips?!!! Do you think an online petition should be started?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really should, they do a mango flavour don't they? I'm mad for mango, peach and coconut. Don't forget the bouncy blushes and mega plush mascara too :(

      Delete
  8. Nice to read a good honest review, I like to know when things are crap just as much as when they are good! Saves me wasting my pennies :)
    Mel x

    http://melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a shame! I wanted to try these but had a feeling they might just be a gimmick :(

    Becky
    http://beckyleight.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to be everywhere I go now and it's like -.-
      x

      Delete
  10. I'm just like you and always get sucked in by pretty things! It looks lovely, but can see how this would be too sheer xxx

    www.megsbudgetboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ;) I'll use it up, but it's just pointless :(
      x

      Delete
  11. I don't get these either! I tried the orange in boots yesterday and didn't get it at all-palest hint of colour!

    Jen@www.pret-a-style.con

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you agree, especially with the other colours :p
      x

      Delete

I love receiving and reading comments. I always try my best to reply as quickly as I can. If you have any urgent questions feel free to email or tweet - details found to the side or top of my blog. Lucy x

© Lucyy Writes

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig